Home Page Play games in the arcade * * Home Page Home Page Home Page
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to supermarionumb3rs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Home Page Home Page  [ 2 posts ] 
  Print view | E-mail friend
Previous topic | Next topic 

Should I make it happen?
Go ahead 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Leave it to be 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hell yeah! 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 1
 Post subject: The Ordeal Games - Audio Adaptation
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:52 am 
Site Admin

Highscores: 3
Hey guys, Nitsua here!

So as you know from Chapter 5 of Season 3, Alex and Luigi were put into a deadly game where 64 contestants had to fight to the death until one remained. This became, the Ordeal Games.
Now while I enjoyed a lot of what I had written prior to the Ordeal Games, both alongside my fellow writers or my own plot, this chapter in my opinion was my favorite to write and I felt was my best work. I mean okay, it's not gonna win any awards or anything, but I felt this was one where I captured how emotionally savaging a horrible experience like this can be, while focusing on character development. Having Alex regain a little bit of his humanity as he survives, not just for himself, but to help others when needed. And to have Luigi mind-broken from being unable to save his own people, and the horrors that will turn him into a darker character by the end. And even if they don't have a ton of development, I made sure all of the Mushroom Kingdom contestants had their chance to shine and be more fleshed out as the side characters. And that also includes some of the other side characters like the mentor Herunt who lost his faith, Cilmer who torments others for his own entertainment, Tarin who goes from being easily offended to somewhat opened up to other world beings, and Hylin who gains a liking to Alex as a friend. These side character would be the emotional full that would develop Alex and Luigi's character, for better or for worse.

Now you might be asking, why am I bringing this up? Well, let's admit it, there's really no audience for Super Mario NUMB3RS and it's really just a spare time thing for me and my fellow writers. A spare time that we unfortunately don't have all the time in the world for, now that we are all adults. And plus, I love how the Ordeal Games was written that, I actually want to make some sort of adaptation of it. Now I can't do a visual adaptation, so my other option is to do an audible series, where the characters are fully voice acted, the narration is mostly driven by how the characters breath and the series would have very detailed sound design. What I am proposing is that I create an audible adaptation of the Ordeal Games for my YouTube audience. One where people can know of the story without having to read a ton of posts of it on the Super Mario NUMB3RS forum. Yeah, I would have to somehow catch people up to speed on why Alex is insane and who Jon and his team are that try to save Alex and Luigi. But, I believe that I can get people emotionally invested enough to want to see all these characters survive. And who knows, maybe this can help us get an audience for those who want to read into more on where the source material came from or simply see what happens in the Ordeal Games itself. And hopefully they view the former.

I got some potential voice actors, thanks to a Discord community server I was on. What do you guys think of this idea? Should I go forward with it?

ImageImage

Report this post

Post subject: Re: The Ordeal Games - Audio Adaptation
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:33 am 
Site Admin

Highscores: 3
Okay so not only do I have some potential voice actors interested in voicing the roles of Mario, Luigi, Tarin, Germen, Summimir, and Luke Kato, but I might be extending the scope of this project. While it's too soon to say who is fulfilling these roles, the two characters who are casted for sure are Alex and Jon. Voiced by..... no wait, you guys should know who's gonna voice Alex and Jon.

Now originally, it was just going to be an audible project with barely any visuals for the audience. However, after one voice actor thought this was going to be an animation, I changed my idea to making the characters and environment represented visually, while still making sound the key medium of the Audio Adaptation. That's right, that means we might get official drawings of some of the characters, including Alex, Jon, Luke Kato, Mario, Luigi, Eppes, Susan, Jared, every character in the Ordeal Games plot, and any key important characters that are shown in the Ordeal Games plot and necessary flashbacks so the viewers aren't lost on who Alex is or how the world of Super Mario NUMB3RS works. I managed to get a 2D artist so I'll see where that goes. Now its primary story is just the Ordeal Games itself, so it won't focus much on the angel plot and Dr. Pipeazoid might be mentioned once, but never shown. And it will be a sci-fi drama horror, instead of a story using math. Now in order for the plot to connect, I will be using flashbacks of Alex and Luigi's past. However I will be showing more of what Alex has been through, such as how he discovered other worlds, his connection with Jon, his torturous experience in exile, and meeting Luke Kato who is the fake prophet for Nintendoism. Why Luke Kato? Because Luke was the one who told the FBI agents and Jon's team about Alex and Luigi being put into the Ordeal Games that at first he thought was entirely fictional. And explaining Alex's past is important so the audience knows he's been through some intense sh*t that causes him to go insane. Plus, Luigi will be more of the secondary protagonist, mostly because everyone should know who he is. Alex is original. And because the majority of the characters are original, I think it would make sense if Alex was the main protagonist of The Ordeal Games Audio Adaptation.

ImageImage

Report this post

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 2 posts ]